Our Policy on Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Zest4 Group has zero tolerance of bribery and corruption. Zest4 employees, as well as others acting on Zest4’s behalf must understand and comply with Zest4’s zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption anywhere we operate.
Why this is important
Working ethically is important for us.. The consequences of any wrongdoing can be significant – for individuals as well as the company. Our standard is designed to protect you, and Zest4, from allegations of wrongdoing and help you and Zest4 demonstrate compliance with our ethics code, the law and regulations.
Principles to follow
- If you make, authorise, seek or accept any kind of offer, gift, kickback, illicit payment or facilitation payment to get or keep an unfair advantage, that’s bribery. It doesn’t have to involve money.
- If you offer, promise or give something intending to influence someone’s behaviour or actions, this is bribery.
- Don’t use Zest4 group funds for any unlawful, improper or unethical purpose.
- Even if you offer or are offered a bribe which isn’t accepted or if you promise or are promised something which is never delivered, this is unacceptable.
- Don’t offer or accept gifts, payment or hospitality to encourage or reward a decision.
- You must not use charitable donations or sponsorship as a way of concealing a bribe.
- As a Zest4 Group employee you are expected to conduct company business following the highest professional and ethical standards and in line with the applicable UK Law.
- We are all individually responsible for reading, knowing and complying with this policy. If you are a line manager then it is your responsibility to make sure that each member of your team has access to the guidance so that they understand and follow this policy.
- Breaches of this policy can result in Zest4 taking disciplinary action and could lead to dismissal in serious cases.
Procedures and Processes
Bribery and Corruption
Don’t make payments in cash, bonds, securities or anything similar. Always make payments by wire transfer or cheque to a bank account which is in the name of the person or their representative.
If you are approached and asked to pay a bribe, including facilitation payments, or are offered a bribe, or you think another Zest4 employee or third party may be offering or offered a bribe, please report this to the group Managing Director.