- Never lose signal for travelling assets
- Always be online
- Critical failsafe for business
- One SIM for global coverage
Although we are seeing lots of new technology being introduced into the IoT space for connectivity, 3G and 4G connectivity is still the go to service. Cellular connectivity can be used in almost any application for safe, secure transmission of IoT data. But single network solutions do have their drawbacks. Key areas which end users have concern over are when constant critical connectivity is required, what if your single network goes down, where is the resilience? What if your asset is constantly moving, there will always be occasions of cellular coverage on a single network dropping in and out of, or it could be that the SIMs are being installed at the point of manufacture, and your devices could be landing in different countries around the globe. For these reasons, and many more, smart connectors are now using multi network roaming SIMs for their IoT solutions and GPS tracking are just a handful that benefit from this kind of solution.
What is a multi-network roaming SIM?
There are two kinds of multi-network data SIM, steered and non-steered. Both kinds can connect you to multiple network providers, but there is a key difference.
- A Steered SIM has a primary network that it will default to when it is available. Even when a better connection is available on a different network it will always prioritise to the default network. The only time a steered SIM will connect to a different network is when the primary one isn’t available.
- A non-steered roaming SIM is often the preferred choice when it comes to IoT. Without having a primary network a non-steered solution is free to connect to the strongest connection available. As they aren’t steered to a specific network, users will find that their IoT solution performs better.
Here at Zest4 we have access to both the steered and non-steered for our partners, but our recommendation is to always use our non-steered SIM solution for maximum performance.
As multi-network roaming SIMs form part of our IoT solution, you’ll get all the benefits of secure managed data and access to our SIM management platform. With the ability to view data usage in real time, add caps and bars, view diagnostics, and manage your entire SIM estate.
Zest4 puts you in total control of your connectivity and offers you the solutions you need to make sure all your IoT connectivity needs are met.
To find out more get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org