The Zest4 Group are rapidly expanding and therefore looking for a financial controller who has a keen interest
in telecoms and technology, is dynamic in approach and agile to the changing landscape of the products we
sell and the partners and suppliers we work with. As part of the finance & commercial department, you will
report to the Finance Director and be responsible for delivery of key outputs for the finance team. You will
manage the finance team and liaise with external auditors and advisors and be responsible for all aspects of
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Finance Director
Hours of work: 09.00am – 17.30pm Monday to Friday
You will be required to utilise your experience in a senior finance role to support the end-to-end delivery of
Zest4 accounting processes, working closely with the Finance Director and Commercial & Billing Manager and
teams in Sales and Operations as well as Finance to achieve the best experience for our Zest4 partners and
people. Ability to work well in a team environment is a key attribute, both in the finance team and across the
wider business. At Zest4 we believe our success is based upon our people and our ability to work well as a
team in creating quality experiences.
You should be able to demonstrate technical accounting knowledge and commercial awareness and have high
levels of numeracy and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
The successful candidate will benefit from an excellent training and personal development plan, with the full
support of the Zest4 Senior Leadership Team.
Founded in 2013 by a team of experienced telecommunications professionals, Zest4 have rapidly grown to
become one of the UK’s leading providers of Unified Communications solutions.
Through our strategic partnerships with industry leading communications providers such as O2 (Zest4 are an
O2 Joined-Up Communications Wholesale Partner), Vodafone, Gamma, Telefonica M2M, Arkessa and 8*8 we
offer flexible, bespoke communications solutions and access to great commercial deals.
Based in Wilmslow (Cheshire), the company operates through traditional mobile partners and reseller channel
partners, building on our vast experience of the mobile billing arena. The team has expanded the product set
whilst maintaining the same ethos of service being the core of our offering.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
Qualified level candidates considered, looking to progress your career in a senior finance role.
You should demonstrate:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. In particular MS Excel.
- An ability to manage deadlines with an eye for accuracy and completeness.
- You are good with numbers with a commercial awareness and a positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Finance & billing systems understanding, Sage 200 Accounting and Payroll experience is desirable.
- Up to date technical accounting knowledge with a minimum 2 years’ post qualification experience in a
- finance staff management role is desirable.
- Producing management accounts in multi entity businesses with inter-company processes.
- Experience within the telecommunications (or related) industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Responsible for preparing group accounts for review with Finance Director.
- Include detail commentary on results via variance analysis.
- Review main company accounts with the Management Accountant.
- Produce management accounts for any businesses the Group acquires.
- Ownership of key finance processes:
- Revenue recognition
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Business partner commissions
- Credit control
- Inter-company accounting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- CAPEX expenditure
- Evolve and promote control processes to mitigate risks in areas of:
- Purchase to pay
- Order to cash
- Financial close
- Responsible for the accuracy of entries into the finance system and customer / partner payments onto the billing system. Ensuring that the chart of accounts is fit for purpose and that there are controls to ensure the accuracy of data transfer between different software packages.
- Prepare legislative, regulatory, and statutory returns.
- As accounting subject matter expert, you should be able to support the rest of the business in decision making and as your commercial knowledge of the business and finance function expands you should be able to offer commercial insight to maintain & enhance margins.
- Support the Finance Director in preparation of business plans and re-forecasts.
- You are also expected to support the senior leadership team in the smooth running of the office by owning some HR responsibilities.
Working Location & Environment:
No special requirements. The Individual will be based at Zest4 offices at 50 Alderley Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire,
SK9 1NY and will be required to work normal office hours 09.00am – 17.30pm Monday – Friday. Some out of
hours work may be required occasionally.
APPLY TODAY: email@example.com