*Position now closed*
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Support Technician with Zest4, a Wholesale Provider of Unified Communications based in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company – Zest4 Group Limited
Full Address – 50 Alderley Road, Wilmslow, SK9 1NY
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5
Salary – £13,650 plus bonus
Please contact Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in 2013 by a team of experienced telecommunications professionals, Zest4 have rapidly grown to become one of the UK’s leading providers of Unified Communications solutions.
Through our strategic partnerships with industry leading communications providers such as O2 (Zest4 are an O2 Joined-Up Communications Wholesale Partner), Vodafone, Gamma, Telefonica M2M, Arkessa and 8×8 we offer flexible, bespoke communications solutions and access to great commercial deals.
Based in Wilmslow (Cheshire), the company operates through traditional mobile partners and reseller channel partners, building on our vast experience of the mobile billing arena. The team has expanded the product set whilst maintaining the same ethos of service being the core of our offering.
We have an exciting opportunity for a reliable and motivated individual to join the Zest4 team as an apprentice IT Support Technician. This role encompasses supporting the Zest4 team with equipment, software, and systems, as well as assisting the Head of Technology to set up and run an IT Support desk, logging and troubleshooting a variety of issues relating to the wide range of products we offer, such as IOT, Mobile Device Management and Cloud Telephony.
This role would suit a candidate with a thirst for knowledge, dedication to learning and a demonstrable interest in IT. They will be confident dealing with all levels of users within Zest4, as well as our Channel Partners, and will be able to contribute to a wide range of projects and system changes. The successful candidate will benefit from full training on our products and systems and will have a real chance to progress within the Zest4.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Serve as first point of contacts for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone\email\helpdesk application
- Responsible for PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Servers and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc.)
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues
- New user creation and Active Directory Management
- Support for in-house and third party applications
- Provide accurate information on IT products and services
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Helpdesk management, ticket lifecycle, asset management & CMDB (ITIL)
- Reporting and ordering supplies
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, customer orientated
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems
- Ability to stick to deadlines
- Confident dealing with a wide range of users, partners and customers
- Logical and analytical
- Willing to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.